Today I thought I’d share an guest post I wrote last summer that you may not have had the chance to see.
I still think of myself as a newcomer to the blog community. I’m still finding my footing in the kitchen so to speak (feel free to think of me as Bambi learning to walk….that’s cute, right?), so instead of sharing a recipe for the oven I thought I’d share a recipe for life
Here are my ingredients to a healthy and happy life:
1. Love. I was born 9 months less a day after Valentine’s day. (Yes I am a freak for calculating that.) Anyways, I attribute my (healthy) obsession with love to the fact that I was a valentine’s baby. I love love. I love things that are pink and/or heart shaped. I have often been mistaken for a 5 year old.
Most importantly though, is love for yourself. (By the way, did I mention how pretty you look today?)
2. Sweat. I’m stealing this from Julie from Peanut Butter Fingers, but I’ve never had a workout that I regret. Whether it be a long run, some yoga, or talking a leisurely stroll outside, I make sure to find time to move.
3. Jokes. I like to think that being silly is my forte. I am not kidding about being mistaken for a 5 year old. I’m still on the search to find a career that involves me giggling to my heart’s content all day long (If anyone has any leads on that, please give me a shout)
4. Veggies. This one is a no-brainer, right! Food is fuel, and it’s good to think of it that way.
5. Peanut butter and Chocolate. A modern day Romeo and Juliet if you will. Peanut butter and chocolate is fuel for the soul. The dessert combination of Gods. I need to stop writing before my keyboard is covered in drool. (Oops..too late)
By the way, What are your ingredients for being healthy and happy?